Friday, February 24, 2012

"There was an unexpected problem that prevented us from completing your request." for large contact lists in LinkedIn "Network Statistics"

In case you've encountered this, and you are wondering...
I didn't find anything about this online specifically for people with large networks, except general advice on the LinkedIn website, so now here it is...    :-)

Cheers,
Connie
P.S. I still like and recommend LinkedIn - it is still very useful to jobseekers in general, and I never met an interesting piece of software that didn't have its bugs/misfeatures.  Caveat emptor.  YMMV.  No warranties expressed or implied.  :-)

There was an unexpected problem that prevented us from completing your request.


LinkedIn Customer Support Message
  
Subject: Unexpected Problem Error Message
Hi Connie,

I'm sorry for the delay in my response. In fact, you've encountered a known issue. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineering team is working on it but there's no estimate as to how long that might take. We'll do our best to keep you posted.

In the meantime, I'll gladly help if you have any other questions.

Thanks for being a valued member since 2004! Have a great weekend.

Monica
Original Contact:
Member Comment: Connie O'Dell 02/23/2012 13:08
I always receive the "unexplected problem" message when I try to use "Network statistics", both from Chrome and Firefox. It has not worked at all for me for more than 6 months. I do have a lot of connections, and I assume this is the cause, but it is still a problem to never be able to check it.

There are others operations that I do that sometimes produce this issue, but those are transient problems that do go away when retried later, as you say. This one does not, so I think it is just plain broken for big contact lists.


 ? Would you like to learn more about how to harness the knowledge and expertise of your network?
Find training resources on the LinkedIn Learning Center or browse FAQs on the LinkedIn Help Center.
Check out New on LinkedIn or follow us on Twitter®.
LinkedIn values your privacy. At no time has LinkedIn made your email address available to any other LinkedIn user without your permission.
LinkedIn Corporation © 2012 |  Privacy Policy  |  User Agreement  |  Copyright Policy
[---001:001280:64224---]

No comments:

Post a Comment