Monday, June 11, 2012

Looking For A Job Search Log Spreadsheet? thanks to JibberJobber Blog

Nice info for jobseekers young and old, of which I've posted only a fragment.  I downloaded the MSFT template mentioned for my son Nick, saved it in Excel 97/2003/whatever (.xls) format, and converted it to Google Docs/Google Drive format and shared it with him for him to use.  Thanks to Jason Alba and Rod Colon and others for already sorting this all out; I suspected someone had...

Microsoft’s template for your job search. from article below...

Looking For A Job Search Log Spreadsheet? | JibberJobber Blog:

Looking For A Job Search Log Spreadsheet?

June 9th, 2008
Apparently, a lot of people are looking for a spreadsheet tool to track their job search. A job search log, a job search tracker… these are common terms I see people list as what they were searching for when they found JibberJobber, which for job seekers, is an excellent job search organizer. Of course, it is more than a job search tool… it is my personal CRM, and it is a personal relationship manager for non-job seekers… and it is a tool to organize and track relationships and target companies for people who are “in-between job searches” :)
Nonetheless, let me share two job search tracking spreadsheet options for you, in case the JibberJobber job search organizational tools are too sophisticated:
First, here’s information about the job search excel spreadsheetthat I created when I was looking, before I came up with JibberJobber (you can download the job search tracking spreadsheet from this post). I posted it for you so you could didn’t have to start from scratch… you can use it until you are so frustrated with a spreadsheet solution that you need a real tool to track your job search. It may sound wierd, but that’s what happened to me. The spreadsheet worked to track my target companies, where I sent my resume, and network contacts… for a few weeks. Then, I was doing so much networking, and sending out so many resumes, that my job search spreadsheet just started to fall apart.
I knew after I found a job the spreadsheet would seem so convoluted I wouldn’t be able to use it later. And that was not cool – I didn’t want to start from scratch when I started a new job search, 3 – 5 years after I landed.
Second, here’s Microsoft’s template for your job search. Thanks to Rod Colon’s ETP Network, which I’m a proud member of, I learned about this from one of their new members. Again, if you need a spreadsheet, this would be a great choice… just make sure you back up your C: drive regularly (you don’t want to lose that data – it might be the most important data you have on your PC!). Oh yeah, don’t mess with the design too much, or it will get as convoluted as my job search log. It’s tempting, with Excel, but it gets messed up.
So if neither of those work for you, perhaps you’d be interested in another option…
...
More at:
Looking For A Job Search Log Spreadsheet? | JibberJobber Blog


'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment