Sunday, September 9, 2012

TED Talks: What are the top TED talks that have changed your life or your perspective about some aspect of life? - Quora


Garrio Georgeandre HarrisonCurator of digital serendipity.

These are the 10 TED talks I revisit often. I can say without exaggeration each of them have positively impacted my outlook both on life and on business.

Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action
The impact: The concept of clearly defining one's why was introduced to me by one of my mentors. I revisit this talk often to remind myself of it's importance.

Richard Branson: Life at 30,000 feet
The impact: It's easy for us to lionize business leaders. Its also important to remember they too are human. I found hearing Richard speak so honestly about his entrepreneurial journey truly inspiring. 

Jonathan Harris: The art of collecting stories
The impact: This talk helps me remember the 'human' needs that inspire the social web's evolution. 

Daniel Kahneman: The riddle of experience vs. memory
The impact: I found this talk thought provoking and revisit it whenever I have an important decision to make.

Susan Cain: The power of introverts
The impact: As an introvert I found this talk truly inspiring. 

Malcolm Gladwell: What we can learn from spaghetti sauce
The impact: Malcolm Gladwell instantly became my favorite author after I saw this talk. I now view the world more analytically.

Graham Hill: Less stuff, more happiness
The impact: After seeing this talk I got rid of my car in favor of public transportation. I also began to invest in more experiences and began spending less on things.

Steven Johnson: Where good ideas come from
The impact: This talk changed the way I think about 'ideation.'

Matthieu Ricard: Habits of happiness
The impact: I also found this talk thought provoking and revisit it whenever I have an important decision to make.

Rachel Botsman: The case for collaborative consumption
The impact: This talk changed the way I view resources.  
  
Comment • Post (4) • Embed • Thank • 13 Aug

TED Talks: What are the top TED talks that have changed your life or your perspective about some aspect of life? - Quora

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment