Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Linux :Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system

rm ~/.mozilla/firefox/*/lock ~/.mozilla/firefox/*/.parentlock

workd for me on RHEL5.  My symptoms were that there were in fact *no* firefox-related executables running on the server, via top, or ps -aef, or anything, so I suspected a lock file, I just had to find the darn thing!
Stupid, when I write an application that uses a lockfile, I build in a way to tell that the logfile is out of date (and likely left laying around after a server reboot).

I found the breadcrumbs (but not this exact info) here:

[SOLVED] Firefox is already running, but is not responding...

'via Blog this'

2 comments:


  1. This is realy a Nice blog post read on of my blogs It is really helpful article please read it too my blog FIREFOX NOT RESPONDING you can visits our websites or toll free no +1-866-558-4555. solve your problem fastly.

    ReplyDelete