Monday, August 4, 2014

Expanding your comfort zone, learning to ask even if failure is likely, thanks to James Altucher

http://www.stansberryradio.com/James-Altucher/Latest-Episodes/Episode/661/Ep-33-Noah-Kagan-What-It-s-Like-to-Lose-100-Million-at-Facebook


...
"Well," the girl said, "You tried."
I gave her 3 two dollar bills and told her to keep the change.
I had my coffee and didn't think much about it. But then when I left it sounds like a cliche but I literally felt the sunshine slightly burning my face. It was comforting. The air touching me.
There were three or four things I had been anxious over earlier (random problems of the day) that were not bothering me anymore. At least right then. And still right now.
Going outside the comfort zone put me in THE ZONE. THE ZONE is much bigger than the comfort zone. I want to live in the ZONE even though it's scarier.
...
[ed: Life can flow easily, but there are important steps where we have to ask for things that are unlikely (like, say, a job, or a promotion, or a life partner), and we can't be frozen by fear.  This is a neat approach. ]
Read/hear more of James'  article at:

No comments:

Post a Comment